Sunday, 27 March 2011

Project 2 Stage 1

Now to stitching.
I have found this Stage a little confusing and not really sure what I am expected to produce.In the end I just went ahead and did what I thought was going to be useful. I looked through my collection of fabric and bits and started to sort them into colour groups as suggested. Following this, as I have not really done any embroidery, I decided to try out as many stitches as possible. Using 'The Embroidery Stitch Bible' by Betty Barnden published by search press, I made some samplers of the Stitches for fabric.(I decided to leave the canvas stitching for another occasion.) The results are below:

After this I decided to try and copy some of the marks I made in Project 1using some of the stitches from the samplers:

straight stitches

Back Stitch

Back stitch


No comments:

Post a Comment