Saturday 2 July 2011

Project 3 Stage 1 - 2

STAGE 1
I have looked at colour fairly recently starting to follow Betty Edwards book Color, a course in mastering the art of mixing colors. I looked back to the notes and work i did at that time and remade a colour wheel


the triangles show the Primary Colours( 4, 8 and 12) the secondary colours( 2,6 and 10) 
 the others are the tertiary colours (1,3,5,7,9,and 11) . The colours opposite each other on the circle are Complimentary Colours.

Stage 2

this stage involved looking at the effects of colour next to each other and I spent some time cutting and sticking squares of coloured paper in various combinations. It was quite an interesting process. I have no pictures of this sorry but I think the effect would not work on screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment